Friday, December 28, 2012

My Christmas decor


So before the holidays are completely behind us I thought I would share my favorite holiday decorations.  Some are traditional colors, red and green, and others are made up of my favorite colors, purple and green.  Now combined all these colors clash, but when separated the results are really beautiful. 

In the above picture I have my entry way, kitchen and dining areas decorated in reds and greens.  Some of the decorations, such as the red snowflakes, are inexpensive additions I found at Walmart.  I believe the one in the upper right hand corner was $1.50.  Without it my entry way would definitely be missing that wow factor.  A newer addition to the entry way would be my letter L.  That was a craft I made with a bunch of ladies from church.  I took the wooden letter and modge podged it with scrapbook paper.  Then added a snowflake embellishment. 

Now something I'm really excited about this year is my hanging snowflake display.  This is in front of my dining room's sliding glass doors.  This was made by my parents years ago for my bedroom.  It served as a memory board in my garden themed room.  It consists of an old window frame they found in a house being torn down and some chicken wire.  I added the red snowflakes and silver ribbon to make it Christmasy. 

Moving into my living room we have the purple and green decor.  The wreath is one my mom made for me.  We took a trip to Michaels and bought a super inexpensive wreath.  We then picked out some fake flowers, ornaments and glittery treats to embellish it with.  The total cost was around $10 I believe, but I could be wrong since we made it a couple years ago.  However, it was way cheaper to make it then buy it. 

Lastly, the picture in the lower right hand corner displays my tree topper.  Totally not traditional I know, but I love it.  The idea to top the tree with flowers, feathers, burlap and other accessories (also found at Michaels) was one I got from Canterbury Gardens.  If you live in the Southern California area and have never been there I encourage you to go.  It is absolutely beautiful. 

Anyways, there you have it.  My favorite Christmas decorations for 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment